MARYVILLE, Tenn. - LaGrange's season ended with a 3-1 loss to Berea in the first round of the USA South Tournament on Tuesday night at Maryville College. The Panthers finished 11-19, including an 8-6 conference record. It was the final match for LC seniors Samantha James, Jazzlyn Kenner, and Leigha Reynolds.
How it Happened
- Berea won the first two sets 25-21 and 25-17. The Mountaineers never trailed in the first set. The Panthers got within three points twice, the last off a kill by Kenner to make it 24-21. In the second set, LC led 6-3 early before Berea scored five of the next six points to take the lead for good.
- LC kept the match going with a 25-23 win in the third set. Berea led 21-20 before the Panthers reeled off four straight points. After the Mountaineers got within 24-23, Reynolds put down a kill for the deciding point. Berea scored the first five points of the fourth set and never trailed once again to close out the match 25-17.
- Kenner led LC with 13 kills and had a .313 attack percentage to go with 3 block assists.
- Kirsten Boyd had a double-double of 36 assists and a team-high 22 digs.
- Reynolds had six kills and 21 digs.
- Bailey Moss also had 21 digs.
- McKenzie Richards had 9 kills.
- James had 5 kills and 14 digs.
- Ariel Modeste had 7 kills and 3 block assists.