LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, Ga. - LaGrange moved over .500 in conference play with a pair of sweeps against Agnes Scott and Covenant in a USA South quad match Saturday. The Panthers improved to 5-4 in the USA South and 8-16 overall. LC avenged a 3-1 loss to Covenant on Oct. 5.
How it Happened
- LC dominated Agnes Scott in its first match of the day, winning 25-18, 25-13, 25-6. The Panthers had a .433 attack percentage in the second set; they finished the match with a .299 attack percentage.
- The Panthers closed out the day with a hard-fought sweep of Covenant; winning 26-24, 25-20, 25-20.
- LC led Covenant 24-21 in the first set, before the Scots rallied to tie it at 24. Ariel Modeste's kill put the Panthers back in the lead and Jazzlyn Kenner closed out the set with a kill.
- The Panthers never trailed in the final two sets against the Scots to close out the match.Panther
- Leigha Reynolds had a match-high 12 kills against Agnes Scott. She had a double-double of 10 kills and 14 digs against Covenant.
- Modeste had 9 kills and a .615 attack percentage against Agnes Scott.
- Jazzlyn Kenner tied for match honors with 11 kills against Covenant. She added seven total blocks.
- Kirsten Boyd had 33 assists and 12 digs against Covenant. She had 32 assists against Agnes Scott.S
- Samantha James had 14 digs against Covenant.
- Bailey Moss had 11 digs against Covenant.
The Panthers face Brevard and Piedmont as part of a USA South quad match next Saturday.