Posted: Oct 12, 2019
LaGrange split a pair of USA South matches with Berea and Maryville on Saturday in Mariotti Gym. The Panthers (5-16, 3-4) beat Berea 3-1, before losing by the same score to Maryville.
- How it happened
Berea and LC split the first two sets, as the Panthers took the first set 25-20, while the Mountaineers came back to win the second set 25-23.
- Leading 12-11 in the third set, the Panthers reeled off 11 straight points to win going away 25-13.
- The Panthers never trailed in closing out the match in the fourth set. LC led 14-5 and pulled away to take the set 25-12. The Panthers had a .368 attack percentage in the set.
- Against Maryville, the Panthers dropped the first set 25-18, before evening the matc25-21 win in the second set. The Scots won a hard-fought third set 29-27. Maryville built a 10-point lead in the fourth set before holding off a late Panther rally to close out the match 25-19.
- Ariel Modeste had a team-high 14 kills and a .847 attack percentage against Berea.
- Kirsten Boyd had a double-double of 36 assists and 10 digs against Berea. Boyd would have 32 assists and a season-high 22 digs againsts Maryville.
- Samantha James had a team-high 16 digs against Berea.
- Jazzlyn Kenner and Leigha Reynolds had 13 kills each against Maryville. Kenner had a .400 attack percentage.