The LaGrange volleyball team lost matches to two NCAA Division II members on the first day of its own LaGrange Invitational. North Greenville won 25-13, 25-15, and 25-20, while Southern Wesleyan took the final match of the day, 25-23, 25-22, and 25-14. The Panthers are now 2-11. They also played Wallace State in a non-counting match.
- North Greenville never trailed in winning the first two sets. In the third set, the Panthers tied it up 18-18 on a kill by Yasmin Roper.
- The Crusaders served up 10 aces against the Panthers.
- The Panthers scored four straight points to take a 23-22 lead in the first set against Southern Wesleyan. The visiting Warriors came back with three straight points to win the set.
- The second set with Southern Wesleyan went back and forth. Roper and Leigha Reynolds had back-to-back kills to tie it up at 20. Once again, the Warriors closed out the set with a 5-2 run.
- Reynolds led the team with 8 kills and 11 digs against Southern Wesleyan.
- Karson Troth had 24 assists against Southern Wesleyan.
- Ariel Modeste followed Reynolds with 7 kills.
- Roper had a team-high 5 kills against North Greenville.
The Panthers close out the tournament on Saturday against Lawson State at 9 a.m. and Albany State at 1 p.m. Both matches will be played in Mariotti Gym.