BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - Sewanee rallied in the second half to beat LaGrange 87-80 at the Black Tie Classic on Saturday night. It was the season opener for LC, while the Tigers improved to 2-1.
How it Happened
- The game was a tale of two halves. LC led 47-32 at halftime, holding Sewanee to 36.7 percent shooting. Junior Julian Cameron had 14 of his team-high 25 points in the half.
- The Panthers scored the first basket of the second half, but Sewanee reeled off an 18-1 run to tie the game at 50. The Panthers answered with an 18-6 run of their own. Henry Blair's two free throws gave LC a 68-56 lead with 9:42 remaining.
- Sewanee once again rallied. The Tigers caught the Panthers at 74-74, then took the lead for good on Michael Berry's trey with three minutes showing. LC got within one twice, the last on two free throws by Cameron to make it 81-80. But the Tigers held LC scoreless over the final 1:39 to secure the win.
By the Numbers
- Cameron came within a point of tying his career-high of 26 points. It is the third time he has scored 25 in a game.
- Lincoln Anderson had a career-high 17 points and a team-high 8 rebounds.
- Henry Blair had 14 points off the bench.
- LC was 18-of-21 at the free throw line (85.7 percent)
The Panthers face tournament host Birmingham-Southern on Sunday at 5 p.m.