MARYVILLE, Tenn. - Maryville throttled LaGrange 28-10 in a USA South game Saturday. The Panthers dropped to 3-4 overall and 1-3 in conference play.
How it Happened
- The Panthers scored on their first possession of the game. LC ground out a 58-yard drive in 13 plays to go up 7-0. Cam Perkins tossed a 7-yard pass to Brendon Scott for the TD. Perkins had kept the drive going by converting a fourth-and-1 at Maryville's 32-yard line.
- LC upped its lead early in the second quarter. After a drive stalled, Alex Rivera kicked a 22-yard field goal to give the Panthers a 10-0 lead.
- Maryville responded with two second quarter touchdowns to take a 14-10 lead. The Scots turned an LC turnover into the go-ahead score. The Scots added two second half touchdowns for the 28-10 win.
- The Panthers were limited to 247 yards of total offense. Maryville had 282 yards of offense and took advantage of four Panther turnovers.
- Scott finished the game with 98 yards rushing on 20 carries. He has 1,631 career rushing yards, 35 yards from moving into third place on the school career list.
- Peyton Haynes had 2 interceptions in the game. He is now the school career leader with 9. Haynes leads the conference this season with 7.
- Randy Fillingame had 13 total tackles. The total included 4 for losses, including a sack.
The Panthers take on Brevard in a USA South game next Saturday in Callaway Stadium. Kickoff is 2 p.m.